Become a Subscriber
National Uniform Billing Committee Official Data Specifications Manual
The Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual 2014 is the official source of UB-04 billing information adopted by the National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC). It contains updated specifications for the data elements and codes included on the UB-04 claim form, and used in the electronic HIPAA Institutional 837 Health Care Claim transaction standard.
NUBC is a voluntary committee chaired by the American Hospital Association (AHA) with representation by national provider and payer organizations. Approval of the UB-04 form and manual design, and updates are made by the NUBC. AHA holds the copyright to the Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual and makes it available through Health Forum, the data and publishing subsidiary of the AHA.
Subscription to the UB-04 Manual is available through single-user and multi-user licenses. Delivered as a PDF e-book, the subscription also provides access to a searchable 13-year archive of the NUBC meeting minutes via the Subscribers Only section of the NUBC website.
Both the single-user and multi-user subscriptions grant licensees use of the UB-04 Manual within their organizations for internal business purposes only. Content cannot be shared, copied, modified or transformed into derivative works. One copy may be printed for archival purposes.
To license an electronic version of the UB-04 code set for internal use or integration into products and services, contact the Licensing Department at email@example.com.
All subscribers are on the same subscription cycle of 7/1 to 6/30; there are no partial or pro-rata subscriptions. The 2014 Manual e-book will be available for your use through June 30, 2014, the end of the licensing period. At that time, the e-book will expire and you will need to purchase a new license for the 2015 Manual.
For pricing and ordering information click on the links below:
Multi-User License (more than 50 users) – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ordering Online (fastest method)
- Click the link above to the appropriate license level for your organization
- Add the selected UB-04 Manual to the cart
- Review the license agreement. Acceptance is required to complete the order.
- Continue to check-out. You will be prompted to enter your onlinestore userid and password.
If you do not have a userid/password you can register.
- Select your payment method (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express).
- Complete your check-out.
Order by Fax/Phone
- Select the appropriate license level for your organization
- Complete the Order Form. We must have an email address on the Order Form.
- Complete User License Agreement. Acceptance is required to complete the order.
- Fax the completed Order Form and signed User License Agreement to: 866-516-5817; or Call 800-242-2626.
To access the UB-04 Manual, you must use the free Lizard Safeguard Secure PDF Viewer provided by LockLizard. If you are purchasing a multi-user license, each of your users must have the PDF Viewer on their computers. The PDF Viewer can be downloaded by accessing the links below:
You can also download additional information for your IT department, if necessary, by clicking here.
Have additional questions about the 2014 UB-04 Manual?
Contact us at email@example.com.