Subscribe to the NUBC Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual
National Uniform Billing Committee Official Data Specifications Manual
The Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual 2020, copyrighted by the American Hospital Association, is the only official source of UB-04 billing information adopted by the National Uniform Billing Committee (NUBC). No other publication—governmental or private/commercial—can be considered authoritative. It contains updated specifications for the data elements and codes included on the UB-04 claim form, and used in the electronic HIPAA Institutional 837 Health Care Claim transaction standard.
NUBC is a voluntary committee chaired by the American Hospital Association (AHA) with representation by national provider and payer organizations. Approval of the UB-04 form and manual design, and updates are made by the NUBC. AHA holds the copyright to the Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual and makes it available through Health Forum, the data and publishing subsidiary of the AHA.
Subscription to the UB-04 Manual is available through single-user and multi-user licenses. Delivered as a PDF e-book, the subscription also provides access to a searchable 21-year archive of the NUBC meeting minutes.
Both the single-user and multi-user subscriptions grant licensees use of the UB-04 Manual within their organizations for internal business purposes only. Content cannot be shared, copied, modified or transformed into derivative works.
To license an electronic version of the UB-04 code set for internal use or integration into products and services, contact the Licensing Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All subscribers are on the same subscription cycle of 7/1 to 6/30; there are no partial or pro-rata subscriptions.The 2020 Manual e-book will be available for your use through June 30, 2020, the end of the licensing period. At that time, the e-book will expire and you will need to purchase a new license for the 2021 Manual.
For pricing and ordering information click on the links below:
Multi-User License (more than 50 users) – contact email@example.com
Beginning December 17, 2018, any order placed for the UB-04 Manual is being accessed through Tizra®, a digital publishing software that makes it easy to access content. Orders placed before December 17 were transferred to the new platform in February 2019.
What is Tizra®?
Tizra® is a high-powered, browser-based digital publishing software that makes content easy to find and consume.
The new platform will allow you to:
- Access the Official UB-04 Data Specifications Manual and NUBC Minute Archive from any browser with your AHA Online Store log-in credentials.
- Print up to 20 pages at a time for a total of 15 times during the licensing period.
- Easily search the content using bookmarks and keywords.
Ordering Online (fastest method)
- Click the link above to the appropriate license level for your organization.
- Add the selected UB-04 Manual to the cart.
- Review the license agreement. Acceptance is required to complete the order.
- Continue to check-out. You will be prompted to enter your Online Store User ID and Password.
If you do not have a User ID/Password you can register.
- Select your payment method (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express).
- Complete your check-out.
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Important Information Regarding Your Recent AHA Purchase.” This email will include a custom URL to access the UB-04 Manual through Tizra®. You may log on to Tizra® using the same User ID and Password used for Step 4.
Order by Fax/Phone
- Select the appropriate license level for your organization
- Complete the Order Form. We must have an email address on the Order Form.
- Complete User License Agreement. Acceptance is required to complete the order.
- Fax the completed Order Form and signed User License Agreement to:866-516-5817; or Call 800-242-2626. If paying by check, include the product name and/or number on the check.
- Once your order has been processed, you will receive an email from email@example.com with the subject line, “Important Information Regarding Your Recent AHA Purchase.” This email will include a custom URL to access the UB-04 Manual through Tizra®. If you have credentials to log on to the AHA website or the AHA online store, you may use the same credentials here. If you do not, please create an account on the Tizra® platform.